10 Ways to Use Our Blood Orange Olive Oil & Syrup
By: Eric Maczko
From cocktails to glazes to desserts, we have a plethora of fun ways to use our Blood Orange Olive Oil and Syrup here. Become a chef with just a drizzle!
Chef Eric’s Blood Orange Recommendations
1. Make a Cocktail – Muddle rosemary and shake with gin and Round Pond Blood Orange Syrup.
2. Make an Appetizer – Mash avocado onto toasted baguette slices. Drizzle with Round Pond Blood Orange Olive Oil and sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
3. Make a Cake – Use Round Pond Blood Orange Olive Oil in place of olive oil in a polenta olive oil cake.
4. Make Dessert – Drizzle Round Pond Blood Orange Syrup over vanilla ice cream and top with whipped cream and slivered almonds
5. Make an Easy Nibble – Finely slice a fennel bulb and serve on a platter sprinkled with coarse sea salt. Whisk together Round Pond Blood Orange Olive Oil and Round Pond Blood Orange Syrup and serve with fennel for dipping.
6. Make a Glaze – Whisk Round Pond Blood Orange Syrup with hot chile flakes as a sweet, hot glaze for grilled shrimp or pork.
7. Make a Snack – Drizzle hummus with Round Pond Blood Orange Olive Oil and top with dukkah.
9. Make an Hors D’Oeuvre – Drizzle Round Pond Blood Orange Syrup over feta cheese and serve with crostini, olives and almonds.
10. Make Veggies Special – Drizzle Round Pond Blood Orange Olive Oil over roasted or grilled beets, sweet potatoes, winter squash, Brussels sprouts, zucchini or green beans.
Do you have any favorite uses for our olive oils and syrups? We would love to hear your thoughts! We encourage you to explore with our other flavors or mix and match.